Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Answers

The tripods are able to control people through capping. It is a celebrated day and is a right of passage. All boys get capped and on ocassion girls. It is celebrated with a feast and many activities. Tripods take the person and return them later. With a shaved head and a cap on their head. Some cappings don't workout and the person becomes a vagarant. When you are capped you loose control of your self and you become a slave of the tripods. Until the day of your death. It is a rite of passage in which you enter manhood. Once capped the tripods have full control over you. Although will is starting to change.

To prove it. I chose a passage on pg 116. The passage is"More and more I had come to see the Capped as lacking what seemed to me the essence of humanity, the vital spark of defiance against the rulers of the world. And I had despised them for it-despised even, for all their kindness to me and their goodness, the Comte and Comtesse. But not Eloise. I had thought her free like myself. I might even have come to the idea- its beginnings, I think, were in my mind already- that when we set off once more for the White Mountains, there might not be three of us, but four. All this was rendered futile by the site of her bare head" I had chosen this passage because it showed that he was uncomftable that the Comte, the Comtesse and now that he found out Eloise were capped. He knew that they belonged to the enemy which made him uncomfortable about staying at the castle. Because at first he thought that he might have had feelings for Eloise but they have just weakened.

Well will felt strongly about being capped at first. As it says on page 121 he said that" Was I to abandon my hope of freedom, surrender the mastery of my mind, for the sake of wearing jeweled leather and having other men touch their caps to me? The notion was obsured." When he said this I was asured that he did not want to be capped. But later on the very page I found out that he was starting to think that it wasn't a bad thing because he thinks about the possibilities. But I hope he changes his mind and continues his journy.

No comments:

Post a Comment