Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The second Lit. circle





120 sixth graders went to their classes. I went to humanities. The humanities classrooms were full of excitement, novels and sheets in hand. People had different feelings on tuesdays now. It was because of litrature circles. For we had them every tuesday. But most of the people were nervous because, people didn't score well on the first litrature circles day. Also because they could make up for their previous score. Although I got the score I had excepted.Ms. Narsiman walked in and silence fell upon the class. Every body was so still and quiet if you walked in you would think that we were all part of a sculpture. Then after a minute of silence we took our seats and began.


One of my passages was when the main character in my book charlotte was having nightmares. I had picked this passage because it made me go back and make my previous argument move convincing. Because I thought that maybe the captian had maybe snuck something into charlottes food. I thought this because of how the author described her nightmares. She explained them as though they weren't natural. As though someone was making them happen. That they were giving here something that controlled them. The author had said that in one of her nightmares she was so scared that she had pulled out the dirk that Zachariah had given her. The dirk that she said she was never going to use. So in my opinion it must have been something strong that he had given her. Because the dirk she had promised to herself was never going to leave it's hiding spot. How we dicussed this changed my understanding. It made me think that Jaggery is a bad man. I thought that the crew must want to murder him. I thought maybe he was the one who would get murdered later on. I thought that the thing that she might be getting was urging her to act barbaric. Urging her enough to throw the dirk like she had. But maybe it was Zachariah. So that really made me think but I decided it was Captian Jaggery. Because he has a very high dispicibility level. That's all that really happened in my disscusion.
P.S :My picture above shows a guy getting tempted to cheat because of the pills somebody gave him so he could catch up to Ramon's level.

1 comment:

  1. Mohamed I really liked the way you told us everything in detail. It was really showing how much you struggled to get to your lit.circles. I too had trouble doing it, and, well ran out of time. The picture brought light into your blog post. You have even posted the URL of from where you have got the picture. This may help give information to people who would want to get pictures similar to the one you have added. Overall, I would say, very welly presented.

    ReplyDelete