Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Literature circles!




I raced to the library. I was in such a rush because it was the first day of literature circles. Why was I running to the library you ask well I hadn't printed my discussion sheet and I had humanities first period. So as soon as I got into the library's computer lab I snagged the last computer before another student could use the computer. I inserted my flash drive and printed my discussion sheet. Then I looked at the clock it was 8:05 I was late for home group. So I sprinted all the way there. It was now 8:15 it was time to get to humanities.

When I got there I realized that more than one person had forgotten to bring their discussion sheet. Ms. Narsiman walked into the class room and I knew it was time to begin.
Since I was the only boy who got the book ''True Confessions Of Charlotte Doyle'' Ms. Narsiman asked me witch group I wanted to join. It was a tough decision so as any other person in my situation would have done I used the method of ini meeni miene mo. I ended up joining Cindy, Betty and Irene's group. When I was settled in Ms. Narsiman went to her desk, and I knew she had cued us to begin.


So I started the group of with my three important passages. When we got past Irene, and cindy I really thought. The litriture circles idea was clearly a great idea I could tell that not only I was getting help from this. Because there were passages I didn't quite understand. After we finished with them I completely understanded those passages I was even making predictions, and relating to them.

Although I really understood the book we still had one more person to go. It was that persons work that really made me think. It was Betty's important passages really made me think what was going to happen next it was at that time that I made a prediction. It was a prediction relating to Zachariah. I thought that Zachariah was trying to get Charlotte on his side so that later on like it said in the introduction that she was accused of murder and found guilty. I had the prediction that maybe Zachariah was going to murder someone using the knife he gave her and put it back in her room. The knife would be drenched in blood and in her room, then he would probably accuse her himself and pretend to find evidence. This could be fake evidence that he set up after he murdered the mystery person. As anyone that would be handed this evidence she would be found guilty as it says she was found guilty in the story when she was taken to court.
The disscusion really helped me understand some parts of the book that didn't quite make sense to me. It helped me make several more detailed predictions to. I think that the litrature circles disscusion was a great disscusion I think that not only I found it helpful but I think that others did to. I can't wait to see what happens next in my book. Then share it with my group.

Pic from : http://www.pitt.edu/~atteberr/bookshelf/images/covers/charlottedoyle.jpg

I hope you enjoyed my entry and I can't wait for the next Literature circles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
























No comments:

Post a Comment