Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What goes on in my head?

http://mattovermatter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/left-brain-right-brain.jpg

Where you sit, how you look at things and your teachers style can all affect how you learn. Your preferences and your learning profile show you how you can get the most out of every class.

But first of all you have to understand the two main sides Logic and Gestalt. Logic is orderly step by step while Gestalt is more free and open. For example I'm am logic dominant, I still have my doubts but , particularly profile C so under stress I can't take information in visually so I might close my eyes and just listen. Occasionally when I might be tired in the morning and I have math I might look down and just listen to the instructions rather than look and what Mr. Turko might be doing. Particularly I learn best when I sit on the left so I can access my right ear. I like neat and tidy instructions and to think and have my 'game plan' set before I begin. Even under stress I can still accomplish. Some people might see a forest but all I focus on is every individual tree. I should mix my schedule and my activities so I don't always stay in order and I can loosen up. But I really want my teachers to know that I would prefer a schedule for the lesson and for more interactions between students ( hence more group work ). That's how I learn and now that I know I can get the most out of every session.

No comments:

Post a Comment